Before attending the PIMUN 2018, you must read and agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions. Upon registering you will be taken to have agreed to them. By attending the PIMUN 2018, you acknowledge and agree to the following Terms and Conditions, the PIMUN 2018 Code of Conduct, and all other terms listed on this email.
CODE OF CONDUCT
At all times, Participants agree that they will:
1. Behave in a respectful manner to others. This includes:
2. No discriminatory behavior towards other persons whether sexually, racially, culturally or otherwise;
3. Never engaging in behavior to shame, humiliate, belittle or degrade other persons, or otherwise emotionally abuse others;
4. Respecting other persons’ health and safety. This precludes acts or threats of violence in any form, or conduct reasonably likely to endanger the physical or mental health of other persons.
5. Accept that there will be no tolerance of harassment or sexual harassment in any medium (whether this is in person, writing or other means) and that appropriate authorities will be notified if such conduct occurs. For such purposes, harassment is defined as any unwanted action that:
6. Involves a stated or implicit threat to the victim’s wellbeing; or;
7. Has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual's participation in activities; or;
8. Creates an intimidating or offensive environment.
9. Adhere to the Terms & Conditions of all venues in which events of the PIMUN is being held, and will be found financially and or legally liable for any damage to any conference venue that results from their actions.
10. Accept that the possession or use of illegal substances at any time during the PIMUN is not permitted and that the appropriate authorities will be notified if such behavior occurs;
11. Take responsibility for their own safety and wellbeing. Participants are in no way obliged to participate in any Event if they do not feel able to safely participate in it. Participants should seek the assistance of the event organizers if required;
12. Notify the event organizers if they have concerns about the wellbeing of another Participant;
13. Follow any reasonable instruction from Committee Chairs and Members of the Host Team;
13. Obey all local laws whilst attending any event of PIMUN;
14. Act in a manner deemed appropriate and reasonable by the PIMUN organizing committee.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH CODE OF CONDUCT
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct may result in the expulsion of the Participant from the remainder of any Events and/or the remainder of the PIMUN Conference as a whole at their own expense and without refund of any registration fees. This will be at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO WAIVER AND RELEASE
By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, Participants consent to the use or reproduction of any photograph(s) or video(s) of themselves by the PIMUN Conference and their sponsorship partners for the purposes of advertising, media publicity, publication, web display, general display, or for any other purpose in whole or in part.
ATTENDANCE & PUNCTUALITY
Delegates are expected to attend all the sessions during the four days of the conference.
1. If a delegate misses one single session of the conference then he/she will not be considered for any kind of award.
2. If a delegate misses 20% of the sessions then he/she will not be given any kind of Participation Certificate.